Moonlit Shawl

A snuggly finish 

One Moonlit Shawl all ready to be draped deliciously, or cuddled close.




I fell in love-at-first-sight with this speckled yarn I found at Say Little Hen . In my defence, when yarn is this gorgeous I feel totally justified. This skein is called "Narnia"... irresistible!


Sarah, who owns Say Little Hen writes a fortnightly newsletter, which is delivered straight to my Inbox.
The newsletter is full of knitting tips and photos of projects to make. There are also beautiful yarns to purchase, which explains how I came to meet and adore "Narnia". If you follow my Instagram page you will know I also met "Vintage Pyrex". (I'll keep you posted on the "Vintage Pyrex" project.)


Reading through the Say Little Hen newsletter I found a photo of a very pretty one-day-I've-got-to-make-this Victoria Shawl  by Sandra Paul, who writes the Cherry Heart blog. It's a gorgeous, yarny blog with lots of great tutorials and lovely free projects as well. 

I only had one 100g skein of the Narnia though so I browsed Sandra's Ravelry shop looking for a smaller project, and found the Moonlit Shawl . It's larger than a scarf, perfect for keeping the decolletage warm, but it's not as large and bulky as a shawl.
The pattern is in downloadable PDF form .... no waiting!!


The shawl is crocheted cross-wise, rather than one loooong row. That helps keep my interest going and my motivation moving. It didn't seem to be long at all before I was adding the lace edge.


The instructions are very well set out and very clear.
*Any wobbly crochet stitches will be down to me and not the pattern 😄. I did accidentally increase the width of the shawl, which only really affected the amount of yarn which was left for the lace edge 😞 It was easy to compensate for though, just by doing less rows of the lace pattern. 




Thank you for reading along with me today. I hope you've enjoyed a little time to yourself while you were doing so,
best wishes,
Kellie
xo 
  

4 comments

  1. Oh my the shawl has come out absolutely beautiful Kellie! It looks so snugly, I wish I could squish it.
    And thank you for your lovely mention of my newsletter, I'm so happy you enjoy it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shawl is so very soft Sarah, the yarn was a delight to use! Thank you for your very interesting newsletters - I always feel inspired after reading them :) xo

      Delete
  2. It is amazing! It looks so soft and warm, and it is just so very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is beautiful. It looks soft .

    ReplyDelete

© Sew Mimi.K

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig