Dishcloths and diamonds

Dishcloth fever has well and truly hit. 

When they first appeared in the kitchen, they were hardly cast a second glance. 
Their presence was accepted without question. In dark corners they began to multiply.

Their happy colours made them a pretty accent in the wardrobe.


The dishcloths were not content. They adapted.
They changed their size and took over the bathroom.


Armed only with my favourite 5 mm bamboo crochet hook and this crochet pattern, discovered at "Olives and Okra" blog, I have quickly learnt resistance is useless. 

I must have more dishcloths. 

The whole family must have dishcloths!

Although I adore the gorgeous  DMC  Natura Just Cotton -Yummy Colours, I decided the 4 ply was too fine for how I envisioned my final cloths. Being an adventurous type of crafter, that wasn't going to stop me from using these pretty balls of yarn.
I crocheted two strands of the yarn together, using one end from the middle and the outside end as well, hence the need for the 5 mm crochet hook.

The make up wipes are a super-quick make using a 4 mm hook and stylishly coloured 8 ply yarn

This is my pattern for the wipes - make a magic loop

Round 1 - make 3 ch, make 17 tr into the magic loop. Close with a sl st into the top ch of the 3 chain.

Round 2 - crochet 3 ch, 2 treble into the top of the next st, * 1 tr in next st, 2 tr in next st* repeat from * to * all around the circle. Close with a sl st into the top ch of the 3 ch.

Snip the yarn and pull the end through the loop. Use a large eyed needle to secure the tail amongst the crocheted stitches, and it's ready to go.

With all the beautifully coloured yarn that's available, I've also been enjoying incorporating a selection of colours into another project,

... but I must save that for another post.

It's time to get off the computer and do some crocheting,

x

4 comments

  1. Oh no! Before you know it, they will be breeding and taking over the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Makeup wipes no less. Brilliant. Reusable. Beautiful to behold. And who is your model??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be the last teenager in the house :) always ready to lend a helping hand to his Mum!!!

      Delete

© Sew Mimi.K

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig